While it's not the first body style we think of, we're pleased to present a Fury Sport Suburban Wagon for your enjoyment...
The seller bought this wagon from the original owner and embarked on a restoration. The result looks great to us and the $7K opening bid doesn't seem unrealistic. Given rust repair and the parts tally, it seems at least that much was spent getting this car to its current condition. Click the link in the intro for all the eBay details.
Tail gunner seat? Damn straight!
Green interior with woodgrain is absolutely beautiful in a 70s way. We love the bench with armrest and the eight track player!
Here's the original 360. These weren't among the best Mopar performers, but it should be torquey enough to move this pretty well and it should make nice noises. For once, we're perfectly happy to see an automatic trans...it's well suited to this family cruiser.
Fantastic opportunity for first time buyer or scrupulous 70's Mopar wagon lover...No stone unturned...No surprise and nothing left undisclosed.
All questions welcome...More pictures available upon request...
A true “garage find”, Olive, as it is named by my wife, spent its entire life in Temple, Pennsylvania and was bought “sight unseen” in August 2013 from the widow of the first and only owner in 41 years. Described as a “no rust” and “always garage kept” original car by the old lady, this marvelous wagon was seldomly used from 1984 until 2013…95,060miles is the last mileage written on the 1984 “ Quaker State” oil change sticker found on the driver door inner fender.
Soon after taking delivery, a 3 months mechanical/body “frame on” refresh was commissionned to a local professional car restoring shop in order to bring our dreamed wagon back to glory. All rust (yes old widow do lie…) below the left/right chrome line was expertly removed, metal cutted and replaced the old fashionned way and repainted to match the paint above the chrome line. No short cut taken and no bondo used. Fantastic body work done by the restorer. It should be noted that in order to preserve the "patina vintage barn find look" the car was not totally re-painted and paint above chrome line is not “show type” but in driver condition with various touch up done over the years, surface scratches and imperfections. Front and back bumper very staight and without rust, chrome reflection is driver type in good condition. All chrome trims in good condition. The wagon show very well and attract attention wherever it goes.
Very well maintained, this large beauty runs and drives beautiful. The engine compartment is all stock and clean. This car always starts right up and float down the road like new. It has its original matching 360ci V8 engine that runs great and the original Torqueflite 3 speeds automatic transmission that shifts smooth. It is also sitting on a set of almost new Cooper white wall tires.
- 102,322 original miles
- Rare Top Hat Edition (Power Disc Brakes, Air Conditioning, Tinted glass all -around, Am/FM Monaural Radio, Rear Speaker, Clock, Undercoating, Bumper Guards, Light Package, Automatic Speed Control, 3 Speed Wipers, Mirror on Passenger-side, Head-light time delay)
- Clean Interior in very good condition
- New carpet and Dynamat all the way around, front/back seat area/third seat area
- New woodgrain trim
- Working AC and Heater
- New heather cable and control
- Non working radio. Spent $ to fix it, did work for a while after comming back from the electronic shop…Suspecting antenna problem.
- Vintage NOS Bristal 8 Track player in full working condition. Rare “Elvis Presley Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite” 8 track tape in the player.
- Non working clock
- Two small crack in the dash. Two small cut in vinyl front seat
- One windshield chip professionally repaired
- Professionally recored radiator
- New brake booster/Master cylinder/Hoses/Calipers
- New electronic ignition module
- New rebuilt hideaway headlight motor
- New wiper motor
- New alternator
- New starter
- All new direction including ball joints, tie rods, etc
- New wheels bearings
- New premium exhaust tube & muffler
- Full tune up including spark plugs/plugs wires/ignition coil/rotor/pcv valve/all filters/all belts/all oils/new battery
- New water pump and new hoses (April 2016)
- Clean engine bay, new paint on valve cover and others parts
- Vintage one piece front/rear “Presidential” floor mats
- Fully working dual action tail gate and tail gate window
- Rare original hubcaps
- All rubbers and seals (weatherstips) in perfect condition
- Etc…Lost track of every little things done to improve this beauty…