These all would have had similar paint with flag decals; but the Mustang has been repainted plain white. Obviously, the Pinto is rough and the Maverick, appropriately, sits in the middle in terms of condition - obviously the best combination of originality and good condition.
We don't know much more than that, meaning we don't know what engines or transmissions are present in each (save for the Mustang, as a picture of the auto shifter is included). The seller does, however, state that they all run. If you've always wanted these, this is a rare opportunity, but it's clear that a lot of work will be needed to get them back to the condition seen in the original ad, below.
Click for eBay ad
Valparaiso, IN, USA
$14,999 BIN with offers considered and six days to go
Here are all three as they exist today.
Rear view reveals blue tail light panels on Mav and Pinto. Mustang should have the same.
Here's a closer look at the Pinto - it has needs.
Mustang has a fresh-ish repaint; but we don't know about the mechanical bits.
All of these would have sported this decal. New decals are readily available.
All of these have white and blue interiors with red trim. This is the Mustang and the condition is pretty good; but we don't know how easy it is to source cloth and that driver's seat looks tired.
Ignore the speakers tossed in the back and admire more of that groovy, blue upholstery.
This is apparently the inspiration.
- Selling my 3 Ford, Olympic Sprints Editions (Full Collection), very rare! MUSTANG, MAVERICK, AND PINTO.
- According to the Ford and Sprint blogs, we were the second known people in the United States to have all 3.
- 1 is a "Sport Roof" "Fastback" Mustang, 1 Maverick, and a Pinto with a/c.
- All 3 are documented; VINS, Marti Report verified "Sprints Editions".
- We prefer to sell them together, it took many years to find them all.. they should all stay together.
- They only made them for 2-3 months, to honor the Olympics. They are Red, White, and Blue.
- You can google many websites to find out more about their history.
- All 3 need to be RESTORED. Pinto and Maverick have original paint and stripes still.
- The Mustang had a repaint and they chose not add the blue stripes again, for some reason but you can still tell its a sprint (and it is documented) and has the original sprint interior and other parts still too.
- All 3 of them run. Again, they need to be restored. I have a lot of new parts, oem, and some NOS parts that go with them.
- THE MILEAGE LISTED IN THE TITLE IS JUST BECAUSE IT ASKED FOR IT TO LIST IT. I WILL PROVIDE THE EXACT MILEAGE OF EACH VEHICLE, IF NEEDED. JUST EMAIL ME.
- Clean titles, in my name for the Mustang and Pinto. Bill of sale for the Maverick.
- Thanks for your interest!